Setting Brushfires 10-14-2019: Is Your Local Police Gathering Names For Their Own Government Gun Database?
Recently, Charlotte County Florida Sheriff’s Office has been accused of building a database of gun owners based on pawn lists gathered. The State Attorney claims it’s perfectly legal and within the law, but is it? If it’s going on in this county, how many more counties in the US is it going on in? Is it going on in yours? Journalist Andrew Sheets, the man who uncovered the lists, joins me in this episode.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
Articles, documents and videos mentioned in this episode:
F.S. 790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
Florida Statute 790.335 (2) PROHIBITIONS.—No state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of such state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, shall knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.
The following was provided by journalist Andrew Sheets.
Call to action. If you believe this is violation of law, contact the following people and demand they do their jobs in this matter.
Executive Office of Governor Ron DeSantis
400 S Monroe St
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Additionally, you can contact Attorney General Ashley Moody:
Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Then there is Amira Fox, State Attorney, who has failed to recognize the law and its violation, which is pure laziness on the part of her office.
2000 Main St
Fort Myers, FL 33901